Half Moon Threader Earrings
Our Half Moon Threader Earrings are made for everyday wear for every woman.
- Gold Vermeil
- High polish finish
- Studs measure approx. 20mm x 20mm each
- Comes with small clear rubber backings
- Made and crafted in USA
What is Gold Vermeil?
In the realm of gold-tone jewelry, gold vermeil is the best quality jewelry you can get short of buying solid gold. For people who want a less expensive, high quality alternative to solid gold, vermeil is your answer.
Vermeil (pronounced vehr-may; it's French) is a legally regulated term that refers to a certain kind of quality jewelry. To be legally called "vermeil" in the United States, the jewelry piece must meet ALL of these conditions:
- Have sterling silver as its base material. Sterling silver is an alloy made of 92.5% pure silver and 7.5% other materials, and is a standard material used in high quality jewelry (versus, e.g., brass or copper).
- Be plated in gold that is at least 10k (10 karats). That means the gold is at least 41.7% gold content.
- Have gold plating that is at least 2.5 microns thick. A micron is 1/1000th of a millimeter.